Saturday, June 19, 2010

May Done

Well, it is mid June, and I have done the May challenge, which was quite inspiring, and I highly recommend it. It was what some people might call 'a weird one' - and I accept that, but it is quite amazing to really be thinking and planning your future. As a reminder, my monthly challenge for May was to go to an entertainment centre or theatre and write myself a cheque for $1M - what I want to earn each year from public speaking work (I don't currently, by the way - it is my dream to be an international speaker - and working towards it). Yep, a bit bizarre, but the story of Jim Carey always inspired me, as he did the same thing in Hollywood when he was out of work, and before his career sky rocketed.

Go to www.antonguinea.com.au for more info on my motivational work, if you want it.

In all honesty, it was a powerful experience, to commit to working towards future goals, to put something into my future that will be a life changer. Anyway, it was empowering, and I recommend something similar to people. May ... done.

June's challenge is a simple one - sell something on EBay - which I have not done before. We have heaps of stuff that could be sold eventually, so it is a matter of getting started and just doing it. The photos are taken, there is still heaps of time left in the month and it should not be a problem. The item is my wife's old push bike helmet.

So, what will July be. Not sure yet.

With the yearly 101 things to do list, one of the things on the list is to learn something new. That was going to be to learn to surf. I think that might still be a good thing to do, but something else that I am going to learn this year, is how to be a personal trainer. Yep, Certificate IV in Personal Training. I have always wanted to do it. As well as that, I want to learn to teach the Les Mills classes in Gyms (like Body Balance, Pump, Body Attack etc). That is also on the hit list for this year, too, now.

This is great doing 101 things all the time. It is all about doing something new, regularly. Great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment