Saturday, May 1, 2010

Looking to May

Well, as a recap, I have got a list of things to do this year, as part of a 101 things to do list, which I am blogging about.

As well as that, I am choosing something each month to do, as something different, generally that I haven't done before. The last few months have included a Jazz concert, an expensive bottle of red wine and romantic time with my wife, amongst others (I spent one month alcohol free, also, and am doing the same right now - another month alcohol free leading up to a 100km run). So, what is May going to be.

Well, here is an idea. Being an energetic, goal driven individual, I was inspired by Jim Carey's story of when we was a struggling comedian. He was living on the bones of his bum, and not getting anywhere, He had an idea - he went and sat under the Hollywood sign, and wrote himself out a cheque for $10M, and said, I am going to earn that money in this place doing what I love (the story might be marginally different, but just get the jist of what he did). So, with that in mind, could it be possible for me to do that same, and get the same results as Jim has. Heck yes, I say.

So, in May, and given that I am a motivational speaker and author, I am going to find a Convention Centre in a capital city (or more than one - a big stage anyway), and write myself a cheque for $1M dollars, trying to imprint on my subconscious what is achievable. Then, I will do the same at a major bookstore, to cover the authoring. I know this all sounds corny, but it is something that I have never tried, and who knows, it might just work. Bring it on, I say. So, in May , that will be the challenge. As well, as ticking other things off the list, of course.

Go to www.antonguinea.com.au for more motivation stuff, or products.

Anyway, that is what this is about - keep setting goals, challenges and achieving things.

Bring that on.

Anton

No comments:

Post a Comment