Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Another one off the list ...

Well,

After a month without alcohol, leading up to the Mooloolaba triathlon, which I completed on the weekend, I finished the race with a bottle of wine (which was my March challenge). I wanted to spend one or two hundred, but in Gladstone, the most expensive bottle my wife (the purchaser) could find was a $30 bottle from South Australia. It was very nice, and it is worth mentioning that it was the most expensive bottle of wine I have ever drank.

So, it was still a first. But the bar is still high, and one day, I will lash out and buy a very expensive bottle. For the record, I had three XXXX Summers, also. They tasted nice, too. I am glad I did a great detox for a month, I lost a heap of weight, but I don't know if I got under the 80 kilo mark, as I did not measure myself, due to not being home to do that between travel and going to Mooloolaba. By the way, that month of not drinking was the first one of the 101 things for 2010 to be ticked off the list. Yee Hah.

I thought it might be worth doing a quarterly update of where I am at the moment, with the year to do list. Here it is:

1. I think it might be to Asia again, probably after Christmas, though, definitely in 2010 - BOOKED
2. Learn how to surf (holy crap - that sounds hard) - NEARLY BOUGHT A SURF BOARD ON THE WEEKEND, AM THINKING MORE ABOUT THIS ONE CURRENTLY
3. Run 100 kilometres in a day (the North Face 100 - May 2010) - REGISTERED
4. Parachute (holy crap again) - SCARY
5. Buy a General Lee (Dukes of Hazard) '69 Dodge or Valiant Charger (yee hah) - NOTHING
6. Meet Dean Karnazes (long distance runner) - IN MAY
7. Put some of my presentations on You Tube - TO DO LIST
8. Change a life, though not sure who's life I will change, as yet, might be a little hard to plan that one - NOT YET
9. Have sex every day for a week - NOT YET
10. No alcohol for one month - DONE

So, in summary, one done, three booked in. Heading in the right direction.

It is only 7 weeks until the 100k run. That is not a lot of preparation time. Anyway, must keep working towards it.

The big question is, though, what to do for April. February and March were good - Jazz concert and an expensive bottle of wine, what will April do. I am going to ask professor google for some advice ...

I think April should have a focus of romance with my wife. I should maker her feel loved, I think. So, with that in mind, a moonlight beach walk, a love letter whilst away for work, and a dinner for two, without the kids is the focus for April. There you go, what a great way to strengthen our marriage. Mind you, we have been married for nearly 16 years, so we know each other well ... or we should.

Until next time. stay strong and do more of the 101 things.

Anton

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Where in Asia are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thailand in August, then Thailand and Singapore in January. Really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete