Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another one off the list

Really, I started this blog to help keep me honest for the year, and to hold me publicly accountable to the 10 (ish) things that I wanted to achieve. Well, that has been good, and is going well, but occasionally, I am managing to tick things off my full 101 things to do list. Now, I won't share that list with you, as it will too long, and growing regularly, but when I do something off that list, I will share it, with you.

Firstly, though, onto the alcohol restriction for this month. No problems, and it will only get easier from here on in, as I am away for the next two weeks, for work. So, that will be fine. That is a good thing to do, and I recommend it to everyone. It just takes a bit of will power. I have only really been tempted on one occasion, and was able to resist.

In two weeks though, it is into an expensive bottle of red. Now, the person that I was going to share that with is not drinking either at the moment, so that will mean that I might be into it on my own. Oh well, looking at the positives, it should be enjoyable.

Now, onto what I did on the weekend, from the 101 list. I went and saw the musical Les Miserables. It was great fun. I enjoyed it, but had trouble following it in places. If you haven't been, the whole show is sung, not spoken. so it is important to listen carefully to what is being sung, and by whom. It was a Gladstone (Queensland) performance, so it was not done by a major production company or the like, though the quality was exceptional. Very enjoyable. The story has several components, with one being a convict (it is sent in 1815) serving 19 years for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his starving niece. The other story line is of Cozzette, who was orphaned when her mother died. The convict ended up raising the girl, and saving the life of the man that she would eventually marry. Very nice. I was able to share the experience with my 10 year old son, who, thankfully did not really understand some of the sexual connotations throughout the show. The singing, the music and the acting were all of a high quality, really. Very impressive. I must admit that I found it a little long to sit through at times, but overall it was another great experience. It has been a year of great experiences already.

The only other thing to report is that the 100k run is only 9 weeks away. Sheese, that is getting close. I want to do it in a day - 24 hours, though if I can do it in 20 hours, I get a belt buckle. Doesn't really seem worth it, somehow, but the feel good factor, and the bragging rights should be worth it (hopefully). I am getting excited about it, though. I t will be a huge achievement, the sort of thing that most people cannot achieve. Bring it on.

I have to start thinking about something that I can do for April, soon, now that February and March are out of the way. Not sure what that will be yet, but something fun, I am sure.

Until next time, live with passion.

Anton

2 comments:

  1. In the states March is a bad month to try to quit drinking between St. Patrick's Day and the College Basketball tournament. They seem to encourage drinking! Congrats on your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for that. In Aus, we do St.Pat's day (more for the Irish, though, obviously). Not so much college sport, but there are still plenty of temptations. It is not as hard as first thought, and I am currently doing it again leading up to another event. Might mention it again in the blog.

    ReplyDelete